Tuesday, May 06, 2008

High Noon (1952)

Voted #106 in the IMDB top 250. While I do not feel it is quite that good I do feel that it was really good. It was a lot better than what I expected. I am generally not really into a lot of Westerns or a lot of older movies. I am broadening my horizons with these things all of the time and movies like this inspire me to continue to check out different genres that may not be favorites of mine. Gary Cooper plays retiring Marshall Will Kane who finds out that his arch nemesis Frank Miller is coming into town and despite being able to leave town with his new wife (played by Grace Kelly) he decides to stick around for one last show down. Played out in semi-real time, the movie follows Will as he tries to round up a Posse to go up against Frank. Definitely worth a look if you are into old classics or Westerns. 7 out of 10

0 comments: