Monday, November 24, 2008

11-24-2008 Round up

Here is this week's round up:

The King of Kong (2007) 7
Muriel's Wedding (1994) 1
Role Models (2008) 8
In the Bedroom (2001) 1
White Oleander (2002) 7
Deliver Us from Evil (2006) 1
Remember the Titans (2000) 8
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) 8
Sgt. Bilko (1996) 6

So I made up for last week's lack of ratings with an extra bunch this week. My pick of the week is Role Models. Which ended up being really good. Many laugh out loud moments and parts where they could have taken the safe way out but instead decided to go with the riskier way. Which made it all the better. All of the cast is fantastic but the stand out is definitely Christopher Mintz-Plasse (AKA McLovin') who does a great job playing a nerd who loves to LARP and is a bit of an outcast. If you are looking for some good laughs check it out.

In other media, I must say that I am quite happy with the New XBox experience. Especially the Netflix portion. For the majority of things that I have watched on it I have had little or no problems. Ocassionally there would be a lag in the connection and it would adjust the video because of it. But if it got too bad I would just hit back and resume the video to get a better connection. My biggest complaint would be that they did not put in easier way to browse other movies that are available without first accessing your queue on a computer and adding new movies to at that way. My other minor complaint is that there is not really an easy way to see what is available in HD. You have to start up something and then wait to see if you get a presented in HD logo. But other than those the service is great!

0 comments: