Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weekly Round Up

A little late this week but here it is.

Warlock: The Armageddon (1993)
7
Warlock III: The End of Innocence (1999) 4
Hotel Rwanda (2004) 9
Surf's Up (2007 ) 8

Pick of the week is definitely Hotel Rwanda. I had my doubts about whether I would like this film. But I must admit that it was very good. Don Cheadle does an awesome job playing Paul Rusesabagina. A hotel manager in Rwanda that finds himself in the middle of a genocidal civil war. The fact that it is based on actual events makes you look at the world in a different light and realize that really terrible things can and do sometimes happen. It is a tribute to human endurance and even if you are in a horrific situation one person can really make a difference.

In other media we have:

Gears of War 2 for the XBox 360: This game really is quite amazing. The campaign is phenomenal. The story, the graphics, the gameplay it was all fantastic. I am still playing around with the online multiplayer. My only complaint really is that it seems to take a long time when playing online to find a game and get it started. But once it gets going the round structure makes it so you can play for a decent amount of time before having to find another group.

The Wonderful Big Book of Unspeakable Horrors
: If you are a fan of JhonenVasquez's work then you will want to check this out. It compiles all of the issues of the Squee series as well as the Meanwhiles. Which I feel is slightly even more entertaining than Johnny the Homicidal maniac. If you are looking for a different and slightly disturbing kind of comic then I recommend checking it out.

Locke & Key "Welcome to Lovecraft": I happened to come across this in a bookstore and thought it might be worth a shot. I definitely was not disappointed. The story and the art is very good and intriguing. I highly recommend checking out this series. I cannot wait until the sequel series starts.

0 comments: