Monday, February 02, 2009

Here it is...

This week had a some good films but it also had some pretty bad ones. Here are the scores:

The Mangler (1995) 1
The Lookout (2007) 6
My Bloody Valentine (2009) 7
The Man With The Screaming Brain (2005) 5
One Hundred and One Dalmations (1961) 8
Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) 6
Casanova (2005) 1
Kickin' It Old Skool (2007) 5
Manhattan (1979) 1
My First Wedding (2004) 7
Death Proof (2007) 7

The pick of the week was a tough one I must admit. But the classic Disney film is the winner. This movie is funny, adorable, and maybe even a little frightening to a child. The script and music is incredibly catchy and will have you repeating lines and humming the songs over and over again. For it's time the animation is fantastic as well. Not just for children if you have not seen this yet or have only seen the live action version (Which pales in comparison) then I recommend you check out this classic.

In other media I continued working my way through the 30 Days of Night series with 30 Days of Night: Three Tales. Which was very good. I am glad to see that they went back to more of the original Barrow storyline.

I also finished Yukon Ho! which continues the printing of the Calvin and Hobbes newspaper strips. Bill Watterson's insight and humor is great. Each strip makes you wonder just what will this man come up with next.

0 comments: