Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A day late...

Not a bad week overall some good comics and some decent movies here is the rundown:

Comics
Jersey Gods #3
The Remnant #4
The Mighty #3
Dead Romeo #1
Cars: The Rookie #1
Irredeemable #1

All were good except for Dead Romeo which I will not be continuing with. Also I did not care much for how they ended The Remnant series. The pick of the week is The Mighty #3. I am liking where this story is going. The characters are very interesting and the story is good. The series may have started off like your average superhero type tale but it really has made some twists and turns that make it stand out in the crowd. Definitely worth checking out if you have not done so already.

DVD Sets
Ultimate 150 Cartoon Festival

I finished another DVD set of some classic cartoons. If you are a fan of the older style animation it is a must check out. It will take you back to a time before cartoon violence and such was censored like it is today.

Movies
I Love You, Man (2009) 8
Fast and Furious (2009) 7
Just Friends (2005) 6
Waking Life (2001) 1

The pick of the week is I Love You, Man. I was kind of unsure whether this would be good or not. I had heard good things and the trailers looked interesting but whether or not it would be a stand out comedy was doubtful. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It had many laugh out loud moments and was a little different from other comedies that you see these days. Paul Rudd and and Jason Segel both did terrific jobs with their roles. If you are unsure at all on whether you will like this I recommend giving it a shot.

There you go folks another week round up!

0 comments: