Monday, March 30, 2009

And the Winner is...

This week was a little more normal for me in terms of content here is this week's round up:

Here are the comics that I picked up this week:

Crossed #0
Gears of War #5
Dragon Prince #3

All of which were good. I am really interested in checking out the rest of the Crossed series to see where they take it. It is a pretty interesting concept. The pick of the week however is Gears of War #5. Any fan of the game who is not already reading this series should really check it out. It is a prequel to the events of Gears of War 2 and they are doing it really well. Even if you are not into the video game but like a good action comic you should check out this series.

I also finished the following books this week:

Castle Waiting
Too Cool to Be Forgotten

Both were very good and I highly recommend checking out both of them but my pick is Castle Waiting. If you are a fan of Jeff Smith's Bone you will probably enjoy this. It has a similar quirky fantasy feel. Linda Medley has done a fantastic job with this series. Her takes on some classic fairytale themes are really refreshing and quite amusing.

The movies that I watched this week were:

Max Payne (2008) 7
Fiddler on The Roof (1971) 1
First Descent (2005) 6

The pick of the week here is Max Payne. I was kind of nervous with this one. I loved the game and let's face it the movie industry has not always done the best things when it comes to making a movie based on a game. I must admit it was not the greatest thing ever but they really did alright by it. I thought that the way it was shot was really great and Mark Wahlberg did a really good job with the role. If you are into action you should at least give this one a shot!

0 comments: