Monday, March 02, 2009

Slow Week

Kind of a slow week on nthe movie front only seeing one film but I did get a decent amount of reading done:

The Wrestler (2008) 9

The pick of the week and only film that I saw was The Wrestler of which I was a little worried about liking. With so much hype around it could it really be that good. Believe it or not it does definitely live up to the hype and is a fantastic movie. Mickey Rourke does an amazing job playing a broken down wrestler who is having trouble moving on with his life when he has known nothing but being a wrestler for the majority of his life. It is probably not for everyone but I think the majority of people will like this movie. So it is definitely worth giving a shot.

In other media I Picked up the following comics this week:

The Mouse Guard: Winter 1152 #5
Dragon Prince #1

Both were good. I am curious to see where they take Dragon Prince next. Mouse Guard was great as always. David Petersen really does a fantastic job with this series.

I also read the following books:

The Complete Peanuts: 1957-1958
300
Salt Water Taffy: A Climb Up Mt. Barnabus
30 Days of Night: Eben & Stella
I am Legend
Eragon

All of which was pretty good. I must admit that I was kind of disappointed with this volume of 30 Days of Night. The story was good but I found the art to be kind of confusing at times. It was often hard to distinguish the different characters. I was pretty nervous with reading 300. I did not care much for the movie really so I was not sure whether this was going to be worth it. It totally blows the movie away. The art and story are both amazing. My pick of the week is I Am Legend. Steve Niles completely out did himself with this. The story is told so perfectly that at times I could hardly put it down. He makes you really feel for Robert Neville and how lonely he must be being the last person on Earth. It is a must read.

That is all for this week folks. Comments are always welcome let me know your thoughts!

0 comments: